MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 7 Registered Manager for a full time position in the Belfast area.
The post-holder will be responsible for the organisation and administration of the Residential Home and for leading a team of care staff in providing for the day-to-day care of residents and those undergoing assessment supported by a Multi-Disciplinary team.
He/she will ensure the effective delivery of a number of services ranging from assessment, day care, respite and long-term placements appropriate to the needs of older people living with dementia and related illnesses and their carers.
Responsibilities and duties:
- To participate with the appropriate Trust Personnel in the implementation of Trust Policy and Procedures with the objective of delivering person-centred residential services.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of individual programmes of care of residents.
- To maintain standards set by the Trust and Legislation in relation to Residential Care of Older People.
- To ensure good and safe practice in all activities relating to client care, by ensuring that systems are in place to guide, monitor and evaluate care provided on a regular basis.
- Continuous monitoring and risk management in relation to assessments and care plans.
- To create and maintain an environment in which residents are encouraged to retain their independence and individuality.
- To ensure user standards are being met in the day-to-day care delivery and there are systems in place to monitor this.
- To ensure effective communication systems with the facility and between Trust managers.
- To maintain an effective communication system for service users, carers and other professionals; to include giving information/procedures concerning the facility to prospective residents’ carers and to liaise with fieldwork staff and other agencies.
- One of the professional qualifications below:
- A professional social work qualification and registered on the appropriate part of the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC) register, without condition; or
- A first level registered nurse on the appropriate part of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register;
- Allied health professions3 registered with the Health Professions Council.
- A minimum of four years’ work experience in health and social care setting with one or more working with service users with dementia. At least two years of this experience must be in a relevant operational management capacity4 in a health and social care setting.
- A level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults’ Residential Management) Wales and Northern Ireland and registered, or be eligible for registration on appointment, on the appropriate part of the NISCC register, without condition;
- A minimum of five years practice experience in health and social care setting with one or more working with service users with dementia. At least two years relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
3 For these purposes, ‘allied health professions’ mean: arts therapists, dietitians; occupational therapists; orthoptists; orthotists; physiotherapists; podiatrists; prosthetists; radiographers; or speech and language therapists.
4 Relevant management experience may include: a management post in health and social care team/service; staff management; service supervision; caseload management; care management; resource management; student supervision/mentoring; project management
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.