MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 7 Psychological Therapist for a part time, temporary position in the Lisburn area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a psychological assessment and therapy for adults with mental health problems.
- To provide this service in the context of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To liaise with, and advise colleagues on psychological assessment and treatment issues for adults with mental health problems.
- To manage a caseload effectively, prioritising clinical work for referred patients.
- To meet such performance targets as may be required by DHSSPS, Trust and/or the Psychology profession
- To participate in the education, supervision and training of other professional and non-professional staff as agreed with the line manager.
- To contribute to the identification of service priorities involving statutory and non-statutory agencies, as appropriate to clinical work.
- To participate in the development of effective services for this client group.
- To participate in clinical audit and quality assurance procedures as required. The post-holder will participate in the pursuit of continuous quality improvement and in quality initiatives as required.
- To maintain proper clinical records and provide statistical returns as necessary.
- To participate in audit and evaluation of the Clinical Psychology and Psychological Therapies Service as required.
- To adhere to professional standards and codes of conduct of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society for Practitioner Psychologists
For Clinical Psychologist / Counselling Psychologist applicants:
- Doctoral level knowledge (or equivalent) in Clinical Psychology or Counselling Psychology recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS) or statement of equivalence.
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) or due to be registered with HCPC by date of interview are eligible to apply.
For Cognitive Behavioural Therapist applicants:
- A degree in a relevant area e.g. nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy, psychology, counselling or psychotherapy
- A postgraduate qualification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Individual accredited with a relevant body (e.g. British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP); British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP); British Psychological Society (BPS); or equivalent)
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.