£38,890 to £44,503 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 7 Client Service Manager for a full-time position in the Belfast/Lurgan area.
- The Client Support Services Manager will manage a team of Patient and Client Support Officers (PCSO’s) to deliver an effective advocacy and support service to the public, including patients, service users, carers and families across Northern Ireland.
- The Client Support Services Manager will lead on behalf of the organisation on strategic and operation management and development of the client support service of the PCC and will be accountable to the Head of Operations for the effective delivery of this function.
- The Client Support Services Manager will ensure that there is a process of learning from advocacy services. This will involve on-going proactive engagement with policy makers and decision makers across Health and Social Care to bring about policy changes and changes in service delivery as a result of complaints raised
- Responsible for the management of PCSO’s to effectively deliver a client support service to patients, service users, carers and families across Northern Ireland.
- Responsible for the organisation and operation of the client support and advocacy service on a day to day basis, including planning and problem-solving issues and exercising a degree of creativity in performing this role.
- To provide expert advice on patient and service user related issues as they arise and strategic development which may follow.
- To provide regular reports to the Head of Operations and the PCC.
- To lead on the development and implementation of relevant information and ICT systems for the success of the service.
- To lead on behalf of the PCC on the development of a high quality, responsive and accountable client support service for patients, clients, carers, families, communities, and the public throughout Northern Ireland.
- To lead the development and implementation of the PCC’s strategy for advocacy within the wider context of organisational policy and priorities established by the PCC.
- To work on behalf of the PCC to develop an environment across Health and Social Care which demonstrates a commitment to respond effectively to complaints, and to learn from them.
- To ensure that issues which emerge as important to patients help shape the business plan and strategic plan of the PCC.
- To ensure concerns, issues and complaints are managed within the statutory and legislative requirements.
- To prepare and quality assure correspondence on behalf of the patient and service users.
- To ensure that clients receive accurate and timely responses.
- To manage all administration of the client database to ensure that timely and accurate advice, guidance and information is provided.
- To meet with clients as required.
- To liaise with staff at all levels within Health and Social Care in the pursuit of advocacy work, including professional regulators and other advocacy services.
- Hold a university degree or relevant professional qualification.
- 1A. 3 years’ experience of managing staff and projects which promote the support, advocacy and resolution of issues for service users in change process’s demonstrating successful outcomes.
- 1B. 5 years’ experience of managing staff and projects which promote the support, advocacy and resolution of issues for service users in change process’s demonstrating successful outcomes.
- Experience and knowledge of advocacy best practices, tools and techniques supporting service user, patient engagement in resolving issues, concerns and complaints.
- To have proven practice experience in delivering advocacy work to vulnerable people in a supportive function or health and social care setting.
- Strategic thinking skills to develop and encourage commitment to new approaches and working in complex situations
- Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating patient/ service user led projects