£32,893 to £42,616 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 7 Business Support Manager for a full-time position in the Belfast/Ballymena area.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Business Manager will provide support to the Head of Business Support Unit.
The post holder will manage the company’s support activities on strategic planning, performance management and corporate governance processes. S/he will be expected to work using their own initiative within the context of objectives agreed with the Head of Development and Corporate Services.
- To provide support to the Head of Business Support Unit in the management of financial resources to ensure effective, high quality, innovative and value for money services.
- Work closely with financial staff and others to provide regular and accurate financial advice to the Head of Business Support Unit.
- Ensure timely information on the performance and financial status of company is provided on a regular basis.
- To take a lead role in supporting the Executive and L’ship Team in ensuring an effective system to identify and manage risk and that they operate within the governance and controls assurance systems. This includes supporting the Head of Business Support in developing, managing and maintaining the Corporate and Local Risk Registers.
- Work with the L’ship Team to support compliance with the Governance Framework and Assurance Standards.
- Hold a relevant university degree or equivalent
have at least 3 years’ experience working in a middle management capacity in an organisational development/ Human Resources/ Business Support environment, including governance frameworks within Health and Social Care
- Have at least 5 years’ experience working in a middle management capacity in an organisational development/ Human Resources/ Business Support environment including governance frameworks within Health and Social Care.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of business systems to include finance, risk assurance, governance and performance management systems.
- Have worked with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the organisation, to achieve successful outcomes for a minimum of 3 years in the last 5 years
- Be flexible and adapt to a dynamic environment as a champion of change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Have contributed to challenging performance management targets across a range of business areas.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally to the organisation.
- Proven ability to communicate complex and contentious information effectively, both orally and in writing as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Have excellent leadership and organisational skills with proven ability to build a strong effective team.
- Proven ability to set targets and deliver objectives in a timely manner to meet deadlines
37.5 hours per week
£32,893 - £42,616
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.