MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 6 Specialist Dietitian for a full-time position, in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To support the Nutrition and Dietetics Service Manager in the provision and development of a quality service.
- Use specialised knowledge to manage a caseload in specified clinical areas.
- To provide therapeutic dietary advice and treatment plans according medical diagnosis / referral and nutritional assessment / requirements of patients.
- To make recommendations regarding specialist nutritional products based on clinical condition and monitor their effectiveness, modifying treatment using clinical and professional judgment.
- To advise on the management of feeding tubes and sites and through extended scope practice change feeding tubes when required.
- To advise patients and/or carers/staff on the management of their dietary treatment.
- To instruct cooks on preparation of food and modification of menus to meet dietary needs of patients.
- To be competent to undertake anthropometric assessments.
- To attend ward rounds, MDT meetings, case reviews and participate in discharge planning for patients.
- To assist in the operational management of elective waiting lists where required.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate evidence based nutritional education to colleagues and other health professionals.
Two years post registration clinical experience in dietetics
Degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics or a related Degree with a post-graduate diploma in Dietetics
Currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
Completed PENG course or be willing to undertake
37.5 hours per week
£16.04 - £32.08 per hour
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.