Job Role: - Portfolio Management Office (PMO) - Team Leader
We are recruiting a Band 6 Portfolio Management Office - Team Leader, for our public service client.
The (PMO) - Team Leader will support the Service Team Manager in providing a cost-effective service in respect of the provision of a comprehensive portfolio service to the client and their systems.
Business Services Organisation Information Technology Services (BSO ITS) operate on the front line of health care providing a range of services for Health and Social Care across Northern Ireland. This support ranges from day-to-day maintenance to the design and implementation of major systems. The organisation is a dynamic one constantly looking for innovative ways of exploiting new and existing technologies to improve the delivery of regional healthcare services across Northern Ireland. Information technology plays a central role in the safe and effective delivery of health and social care in Northern Ireland.
ITS is an ISO 20000 accredited organisation and operates in an ITIL Service Management environment.
Location: - Belfast
Department: - Portfolio Management Office
Hours of Work: - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: - £31,365 - £37,890
What the role entails:
A Portfolio Management Office (PMO) has been set up to support the delivery of the ICT portfolio. Key areas of the PMO remit are to:
- Work with the Programme, Project and BAU Managers to report progress across all ITS business areas through analysis of programmes, projects and BAU performance in respect of service & project delivery, financial planning, and resource management
- Manage and monitor programme and project delivery, reporting key risks, issues, and progress of project delivery reporting to key stakeholders e.g., ITS senior management, BSO senior management, HSCB and DoH
- Lead on the implementation of organisation-wide tools, training, and consulting in Programme Project Management (PPM)
- Ensure the implementation of best practice in PPM through a PPM system
- Develop policies and procedures in respect of project planning, financial planning, risk management, resource management and performance management
- Lead on capacity planning/resource planning in respect of delivery
- Lead the financial portfolio of £40m+ annually
- Lead on financial reporting - monthly performance to key stakeholders e.g., ITS Budget holders BSO Finance, HSCB and DoH
- Support, monitor and manage ICT procurement activities
- Support, monitor and manage the ICT contracts portfolio
A university degree AND 2 years recent relevant experience*
An HND or equivalent recognized qualification and three years recent relevant experience
5 years recent relevant experience*
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting Programs and Projects in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes areas such as Program/Project Office, service delivery, communications, finance, quality management, risk management and workforce support
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team including managing the work of others.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (as appropriate to meet the needs of the post in full), and to establish good professional relationships.
- Proven ability to use own initiative and to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to undertake detailed investigations, analyse complex data, present results in an appropriate manner and make sound recommendations.
Ability to work accurately, demonstrate attention to detail and prioritise and organise workload
Demonstrate proven track record in experience in one of the following four areas;
- Quality management
- Risk Management
- Workforce or Capacity planning
Finance and Contract Management