IT & Digital
£27,772 to £36,280 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 6 Operations Team Leader for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyse user requirements and facilitate the design, implementation, development, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Take a lead in and undertake appropriate tasks within ICT programmes of work, reporting on progress as required;
- Facilitate the procurement, negotiation, establishment, monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT solutions and services;
- Supplier management - work with and monitor vendors/suppliers in relation to performance, change requests etc.
- Take responsibility for communicating technical issues/incidents to service users and key stakeholders;
- Input to change release and change management activities associated with solution upgrades or change with all stakeholders, including ITS Change Advisory Board (CAB);
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Service Transitioning Assurance Process (STAP) documentation;
- Act as the primary point of contact in the absence of the Service Manager for services under Post holder control in the event of a Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery event. This includes assisting the Service Manager with ensuring that all proactive system related disaster recovery processes are document, tested and kept up to date;
- Assist the Service Manager in actively managing and controlling operational risk of services under Post holder control;
- Contribute to the analysis of user requirements and the design, implementation, development, testing, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Participate in and undertaking appropriate tasks within ICT Programmes of work, reporting on progress as required;
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems related to ICT solutions;
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Service Manager
1a. A university degree in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT professional qualification AND 2 years recent relevant experience* of which at least 1 year spent managing and leading a team.**
1b. An HND in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT qualification AND 3 years recent relevant experience* of which at least 1 year spent managing and leading a team.**
1c. 5 years recent relevant experience* of which at least 1 year spent managing and leading a team.**
*Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting information and communications technology systems in a business environment. A business environment in this context includes ICT areas such as software development & support; web design and development; communications and network support; and technical support services for infrastructure.
** A team is defined as 3 or more staff members.
37.5 hours per week
£27,772 – £36,280
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.