MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit Band 6 Occupational Therapist, with forensic mental health experience for full-time work in the Belfast area.
To work with service users to maximise function using occupation as the main medium of assessment and intervention applying client focused principles.
- To undertake occupation focused assessment for a designated caseload using standardised and non-standardised assessment tools.
- To work with service users to identify occupational goals forming part of the overall multidisciplinary care plan To plan and implement individual and/or group interventions, in collaboration with the service user and/or carer, using meaningful graded activity to achieve occupational goals.
- To monitor and evaluate intervention using occupation focused outcome measures and modify intervention to ensure occupational goals are being achieved.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of theory and its application to practice.
- To clearly articulate and promote the role of occupational therapy within the setting.
- To provide support and education to service users and carers regarding occupational therapy provision.
- To demonstrate the ability to clinically reason all aspects of the occupational therapy process.
- To contribute to the Care Programme Approach and support service users’ families/carers and other agencies within this process.
BSc Occupational Therapy / Diploma College of Occupational Therapist HPC Registration.
At least 2 years post graduate experience working as an Occupational Therapist, of which 12 months has been in a mental health setting.
Application of the occupational therapy process Use of functional assessment and activity analysis Documented evidence of continuing professional development.
Ability to work autonomously in a range of settings Knowledge of current best practice in OT and evidence of application Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice Ability to work with individuals and groups.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.