MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 6 Estates Officer Operations for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
As an Estates Officer, the post holder will manage a cost effective and efficient service that supports the corporate aims of the employer in meeting its aims of quality of service commensurate with a modern and efficient Health Service.
Working as a member of a small team of estates offices, the post holder will manage and co-ordinate estate operational and maintenance services.
This will include electrical engineering services, building elements and components, maintenance contracts and building/engineering projects and the efficient use of energy.
He/she will also manage and co-ordinate other estate issues under Service Level Agreements and will provide professional and technical advice and support relating to building/engineering contents in projects as required. Whilst the post holder will be expected to be professionally accountable within their own operational area they will be professionally accountable to the lead specialist.
- Ensuring the commissioning of buildings and engineering services is carried out as per agreed protocols and in accordance with relevant Statutory Standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Guidance, Health Technical Memoranda and Building Notes.
- Review and update engineering policies and procedures that support the provision of an efficient maintenance and operations service.
- Provide maintenance services utilising both in-house and external contractors.
- Contributes to compiling a comprehensive engineering plan, constantly reviewing and implementing the plan and ensuring the effectiveness of this element of service delivery meets the needs of the service.
- Liaise with other Professional and Technical staff to develop an asset base that can be used as the basis to develop a service that embraces all aspects of building, engineering and equipment maintenance.
- Contributes to ensuring standards are developed and maintained that meet user needs and effectively link to standards within Controls Assurance Criteria.
- Managing engineering systems and up-to-date methods of maintenance planning
- The control and development of maintenance and operational staff or personnel associated with engineering project design and management.
- Preparing maintenance estimates and engineering reports
- Carrying out directly or by contract repair, replacement and renewal of engineering plant and equipment and services
37.5 hours per week
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.