IT & Digital
£31,365 to £37,890 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 6 Development Team Leader for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
The postholder will work as part of a team of software developers in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines. Working under the direction of the Technical Specialist and Team leader, the Postholder will be responsible for the design, implementation and developer-level test of various software components, ensuring that code takes into account security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability. The Postholder will be responsible for delegating work to developers, providing technical guidance as required and monitoring the progress of their work.
- Analyse user requirements and facilitate the design, implementation, development, documentation and support of complex ICT solutions;
- Developing, implementing and supporting IT applications using a variety of protocols, tools and technologies;
- Provide ICT technical expertise, feedback and guidance to service users and Key Stakeholders;
- Provide direction, guidance and feedback to ICT services and project team members, both internal and external to ITS;
- Lead or participate in and undertake appropriate tasks within ICT Programmes of work, reporting on progress as required;
- Lead or participate in the planning and scheduling of the implementation of projects to meet project milestones deadlines
- Assist in the approval, selection and procurement of hardware, software and services, achieving best value for money and compliance with relevant standards.
- Input to change release and change management activities associated with solution upgrades or change with all stakeholders, including ITS Change Advisory Board (CAB);
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Service Transitioning Assurance Process (STAP) documentation;
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems related to ICT solutions;
- Take responsibility for communicating technical issues/incidents to service users and key stakeholders;
A university degree in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT professional qualification AND have worked for at least 2 years in an application development role within a major organisation;
An HND in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT qualification AND have worked for at least 3 years in an application development role within a major organisation;
have worked for at least 5 years in an application development role within a major organisation.
37.5 hours per week
£31,658 – £37,890
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.