IT & Digital
£21,388 to £27,901 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 5 Operations Support for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
The post holder will work as part of the GMS ICT Support team and liaise closely with the GMS ICT Equipment and Services team to ensure the delivery of a high quality and highly effective ICT service to General Practices across Northern Ireland.
The post holder will be required to respond to incidents and service requests logged via the ITS Service Desk and offer technical solutions to complex problems across a range of ICT areas, including:
- Clinical Systems,
- Local Area Networking,
- Client/Server applications,
- PC Client installs,
- Printer/Scanner installs,
- Microsoft office applications,
- ICT Network Security,
- PC imaging,
- Use of Remote Support Tools.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To provide technical support for computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- To provide technical support for communication networks.
- To provide technical support for specific complex service development projects.
- To assess user requirements and to recommend solutions.
- To carry out analysis, diagnosis and resolution of incidents.
- To provide technical advice and guidance to a range of customers.
- To build a close working relationship and develop an understanding of the needs of a subset of GP Practices to which they will be assigned.
- To develop an understanding of and provide technical advice to practices in relation to the operation of their specific ICT systems.
- To undertake site visits across Northern Ireland to carry out installs, replacements, repairs and collections of ICT and other practice equipment.
- To follow the ITS change, release and configuration management processes.
- To manage incidents and service requests ensuring prompt and appropriate escalation of incidents, service requests and the identification of problems.
- To ensure the operational documentation for the ICT Services for which they are responsible is kept up to date.
- To assist in ICT audits (security, asset, quality, licencing etc…) and investigation of non-compliances.
- To monitor and maintain the performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- To use and comply with all IT service management processes as defined by ITS.
1. (a) A university degree in a computer science related discipline or equivalent recognised ICT professional qualification AND 1 years recent relevant experience
1 (b) An HND in a computer science related discipline AND 2 years recent relevant experience *
1 (c) 4 years recent relevant experience *
* Relevant experience is defined as providing or supporting information and communications technology systems in a business environment. “Business environment” in this context includes ICT areas such as desktop support, system/application support & maintenance, network & communications, systems integration and data warehousing.
37.5 hours per week
£21,388 – £27,901
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.