IT & Digital
£24,907 to £30,615 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 5 Operations Support (Infrastructure) for a full-time position in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
This post will involve working in one or many specialist areas of ICT including but not limited to: technical support for infrastructure, applications support, service desk, software development, web design, communications & network support, desktop support, systems integration and data warehousing. Technicians may also be part of short or long term project teams either directly delivering services or working with commercial providers to implement projects.
- Deliver IT systems and services to support business objectives.
- Management of datacentres, security, networks and client access services.
- Technical support services for infrastructure (such as SANS, virtualised servers, operating systems, storage, middleware products etc.).
- Network services such TCP/IP network equipment and software, email, directories, firewalls, DNS, etc.
- Configuration and support of databases.
- Record, analyse and resolve complex incidents and problems.
- Monitor and maintain performance of ICT services ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- Assist with security audits and investigation of security breaches and incidents.
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of robust backup and business continuity procedures for services.
- Assist in the design, implementation, development and support of complex ICT solutions.
A university degree in a computer science or Informatics related discipline or an equivalent recognised professional qualification PLUS 1 years relevant experience*
Have 4 years relevant experience*
Have successfully completed a 2-year Level 3 ICT Apprenticeship within the past 5 years PLUS have 3 years recent relevant experience*. Achievement of this qualification must have been assessed by verification through the appropriate awarding body. Participants must have completed a competence based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3, a knowledge based ICT/IT qualification at Level 3 and the mandatory essential skills. (Application of Number - Level 2 Communication - Level 2 ICT – Level 2)
37.5 hours per week
£24,907 – £30,615
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.