£24,214 to £30,615 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 5 Involvement Officer for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Involvement Services Programme Manager to he/she will plan, coordinate, implement and deliver on PPI objectives as directed by the operational and business plans of the PCC.
- To promote the PCC within initiatives and engagement opportunities within their designated locality and across NI;
- Plan, organise and facilitate engagement events to fulfil PPI objectives of the PCC within designated programmes of work.
- Capture and represent the views and experiences of the public, service users, carers and communities in their locality.
- Identify opportunities to work collaboratively with community partners; proactively seeking and building continuous and meaningful engagement with the public, service users, carers and communities to shape and improve services.
- Develop local representation and support local people to have their views heard.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To establish and liaise with user and carer led networks, including local community groups and voluntary sector organisations, to foster a partnership working relationship with the PCC.
- To support and train local people to have their voice heard on company matters.
- To facilitate a wide range of PPI engagement methodologies in relation to PPI objectives. Approaches will include assisting with completion of questionnaires, facilitating one to one interviews, focus groups and panels.
- To facilitate discussion on subject areas across the spectrum of HSC services including complex and sometimes highly sensitive topics.
- To produce written reports for the Involvement Services Programme Manager and external stakeholders regarding PPI initiatives.
- To promote and recruit members of the public and staff onto the PCC Membership Scheme and Make Change Together.
- To work on own initiative to plan and coordinate engagements with wide variety of stakeholders including patients, clients, carers, community and voluntary sector groups, HSC personnel, members of the public etc. to meet the PCC PPI objectives. This includes arranging public facing events such as information stands at shopping/co-production centres, agricultural shows and arranging to speak at local voluntary and community groups and regional colleges.
- To develop and manage PPI activity to ensure appropriate engagement with all communities. This includes those from BME communities and in line with the Equality and Diversity policies of the PCC.
- To build up a network of local contacts for PPI activities.
- To work to set timescales to meet PPI project objectives.
- To pilot and input into the development of questionnaires, topic guides and other research techniques for research projects.
- A university degree or a relevant professional qualification and 1 years’ experience in working with the public in participative practise.
- At least 4 years’ experience in
- working with the public in
- participative practice.
- Previous experience of collating and representing the views of the public with other stakeholders to influence change.
- Demonstrable experience of being highly organised and working on their own initiative.