MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 5 Health and Safety Advisor for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide information, advice and support to trust Directors, managers and staff on matters relating to the management of occupational safety and health in line with current health and safety legislation, Trust policies and procedures and other approved guidance.
· Assume, ‘specialist’ responsibility for advice, assistance etc. in specific areas of occupational safety and health including office safety, food safety and hygiene and control of substances hazardous to health.
· Participate in the development, communication, implementation and review of Trust policies, procedures and other guidance relating to occupational safety and health.
· Facilitate organisational change by developing effective, pro-active and positive working relationships with managers, staff, safety representatives and representatives of the statutory authorities which will promote occupational safety and health.
· Develop and deliver occupational safety and health training programmes.
· Assist in the development, completion and maintenance of a Trust-wide occupational safety and health auditing system, including co-ordination of, and participation in inspections, analysis of incidents and claims.
· Assisting in the completion of risk assessments, giving support and assistance to managers to ensure compliance with stator requirements.
· Assist in the development, establishment and maintenance of suitable databases for the collection and analysis of data in areas of occupational safety and health practice.
· Participate in the investigation of incidents and liaising with managers to assist in the identification and implementation of remedial actions were identified as being required.
· Contribute to the promotion of a consistent approach to the management of occupational safety and health across the Trust by assisting managers to develop, implement and maintain local procedures, guidelines and audit criteria which will facilitate compliance with the Trust’s policies and stator requirements.
· Provide support to, and statistical information on health and safety incidents to the Trust’s Health and Safety, and related Committees as appropriate.
Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Suitable qualification, for example NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety or an equivalent which will satisfy the Institution’s criteria for award of Membership
2 years’ experience as a Health and Safety Practitioner undertaking full range of health and safety duties, 6 months of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Knowledge of: 1. Current occupational safety and health legislation and of current trends and developments on health and safety management. 2. Corporate Governance including risk management; Best practice- Best care, Controls Assurance 3. Extensive knowledge of service issues 4. Possess a sound up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.