MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit Band 5/6 Social Workers for full-time work in the Belfast area.
- To deliver a Social Work Services to individual service users / families/ groups in keeping with social, emotional and community dimensions of the care of people with mental health problems including dementia and their carers.
- Social Workers recruited within Mental Health and Learning Disability Services are required to undertake Approved Social Worker training as part of the terms and conditions of this post. Candidates who do not have the Approved Social Worker Award will be supported to undertake the programme within the agreed time scale with their line manager.
- To be responsible to the Team Leader for direct provision of appropriate services, in accordance with the policy of Northern Trust.
- To devise appropriate packages of care, which effectively harness statutory, voluntary, community and family resources to complement and supplement the services provided by Northern Health & Social Care Trust.
- To contribute positively to the effective and efficient operation of the Team.
Hold a recognised Professional qualification in Social Work.
*Have NISCC registration or be eligible for registration or have lodged an application with the NISCC.
Will be required to undertake the ASW Programme within an agreed timeframe with the Divisional Social Work lead (normally within three years maximum)
- Effective planning and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Effective communication skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to identify solutions to problems and implement them effectively.
Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of high quality and safe services and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.