MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist for full-time work in the Belfast area.
To work with service users to maximise function using occupation as the main medium of assessment and intervention applying client focused principles.
- To undertake occupation focused assessment for a designated caseload using standardised and non-standardised assessment tools.
- To work with service users to identify occupational goals forming part of the overall multidisciplinary care plan To plan and implement individual and/or group interventions, in collaboration with the service user and/or carer, using meaningful graded activity to achieve occupational goals.
- To monitor and evaluate intervention using occupation focused outcome measures and modify intervention to ensure occupational goals are being achieved.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of theory and its application to practice.
- To clearly articulate and promote the role of occupational therapy within the setting.
- To provide support and education to service users and carers regarding occupational therapy provision.
- To demonstrate the ability to clinically reason all aspects of the occupational therapy process.
- To contribute to the Care Programme Approach and support service users’ families/carers and other agencies within this process.
BSc Occupational Therapy / Diploma College of Occupational Therapist HPC Registration.
Application of the occupational therapy process Use of functional assessment and activity analysis Documented evidence of continuing professional development.
Ability to work autonomously in a range of settings Knowledge of current best practice in OT and evidence of application Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice Ability to work with individuals and groups.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.