MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 4 Business Support Administrator for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast/Ballymena area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the organisation and provision of admin duties for the Chair and Chief Executive including extensive diary management, on-going, planning and follow up and preparation support for all relevant meetings. This will involve ensuring that the incumbent is fully aware of Health and Social Care related issues in the media on a daily basis, being fully aware of the priorities within the Business and Operational plans of the Patient and Client Council stakeholders, liaising with the Communications Manager, as well as the day to day operations of the Executive Management and L’ship Team and being able to react quickly when priorities change.
- Provide Admin support for Committee. This will include working with the Head of Development and Corporate services and Business Support Team to ensure effective flow of information to the Board. The postholder will be the first point of contact for queries and setting up of meetings, catering, training, preparing agendas and writing up of notes/action plans. Will they also have to take the notes as applicable
- Review of mail and emails to ensure that all issues are prioritised and take appropriate action to ensure appropriate issues are escalated in a timely manner to ensure they may be dealt with re urgently, efficiently and seamlessly.
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries, ensuring effective messaging and “bring forward” systems are in place and that the necessary action is undertaken.
- Work within a team in a busy environment.
- Ensuring continuous follow up systems are in place in all aspects of the Business Support Team mandate, to ensure deadlines are adhered to and relevant papers are received on time.
- Desktop internet research on an on-going basis, to track down external papers and news updates on key stakeholder issues.
- Proofing of house format and other papers as required, ensuring that there is adherence to protocols, consultation and summary papers standards, that they are accurate, as well as being consistently and professionally presented.
- Manage the coordination of diaries including on-going review of events and resource planning (including promotional items).
GCSE Maths and GCSE English ( A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
OR higher qualification;
AND 2 A’ Levels or equivalent
OR higher qualification;
AND 18 months’ administrative experience
3 years’ administrative experience
2. Minimum of 1 year’s experience in the use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
1 years’ experience in providing administrative
37.5 hours per week
6 months with possibility of extension
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.