MPA Recruitment are recruiting a Band 3 Senior Nursing Assistant to join our team in the Magilligan area. This position will be based in a Prison setting with an immediate start available. The pay rate is £9.21-18.85 per hour depending on shift worked. The role will involve working as an effective member of the Prison Healthcare Team, delivering quality care and treatment within a custodial environment.
· Assist in the provision of safe, effective person-centred, compassionate care.
· Assist patients/service users with fundamental nursing care in all aspects of the activities of daily living, as delegated by registered nursing staff, for example, washing, toileting, eating and drinking.
· Undertake clinical duties as required in the ward/department, which have been delegated by registered nursing staff.
· Contribute to the general management/maintenance of the healthcare environment by performing a range of administrative and clinical activities as defined by the Ward Sister / Charge Nurse
· Ensure that all information regarding patients is kept in strict confidence.
Comply with Northern Ireland Prison Service (NIPS) policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols as relevant to healthcare staff
· Hold NVQ/VRQ/QCF level 3 Certificate in Health/Health & Social Care (or equivalent qualification)
· Hold NVQ/VRQ/QCF level 2 Certificate in Health/Health & Social Care (or an equivalent qualification), and 1 years’ experience of delivering direct care in a care environment
· Hold 4 GCSEs at grade A-C including English and Maths (or equivalent qualification) and 1 years experience of delivering direct care in a care environment.
· Have 2 years’ experience of delivering direct care in a care environment
· Experience in administering medications (proof of training essential)
· Experience in carrying out Observations
· Pay Rate: £9.21-£18.85 depending on shift worked
· Hours of work: 37.5 hours, (to include weekend shifts) 9am-5pm
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sarah Wall on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.