MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 3 Maintenance Assistant for a full-time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The post of the Maintenance Assistant involves working within a multidiscipline Estates Decontamination Team, primarily working to carrying out the function of enhanced disinfection of areas by way of UV-C technology and all other semi-skilled duties.
2. The jobholder is required to work across all disciplines, with a minimum of supervision, in a safe and effective manner.
3. Carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance within the competency level of the post that does not justify the attention of a fully qualified tradesperson.
4. To assist trades staff of all disciplines as and when required.
5. To undertake duties consistent with the safe and efficient operation of Decontamination plant and associated systems.
6. Maintaining accurate log sheets and appropriate record keeping.
7. Maintaining work areas, plant rooms, workshops in a clean and tidy state.
8. Report defects to Supervisor or Line Manager on plant, equipment, building, fabric or grounds.
9. To become familiar with current working practices, site locations and maintenance requirements relative to the duties of the post.
10.Work with staff in all aspects to ensure we provide a high quality service.
11.To participate in shift working/ rostered overtime and on-call duties as required, for which enhanced rates are paid.
12.Participate in a range of certified and on-the-job training and development as required.
13.Comply with safe working practices to ensure minimum risk to staff, visitors, patients and yourself.
1. 2 years working experience assisting mechanical / electrical trades in an industrial / commercial environment.
2. Experience in the use of hand tools to carry out minor repairs while in previous employment.
3. Experience in an industrial environment with knowledge of plant.
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Skills / Abilities
1. Ability to be flexible in adapting to a wide range of duties relating to the maintenance of the Estate, including providing a service outside normal hours.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with work colleagues, service users and the general public.
1. Knowledge of safe working practices in an industrial environment.