MPA are currently recruiting for Band 3 general secretaries. The Client provides a wide range of services and employs Secretary’s in a wide variety of settings.Secretaries provide a secretarial / administrative service / support within a department / section. Team working is an essential part of this role.
Location – Dundonald
Hours of Work – 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Salary - £10.09ph
What the role entails:
1. Provide an efficient and effective secretarial and administrative service to Health Professional staff.
2. Undertake a range of admin support duties including maintenance and ordering of stock, photocopying, filing, provision of typing and admin support to the team.
3. Word processing/producing reports.
4. Act as point of contact between service users, carers, staff and external agencies to ensure a full and efficient service.
5. Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
6. Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with policies and procedures.
7. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
8. Create and maintain spreadsheets for use within the department.
Filing, archiving and disposal as per Records Management Policy.
9. Any other duties that may arise from time to time relating to the particular needs of the service, as may be assigned.
10. Participate in regular supervisions and team meetings with Line Manager/Team Leader – to address any issues or concerns and ensure effective and efficient administration systems are in place.
11. For some of these posts you will be expected to organise meetings and participate in minute taking –to include the typing and distribution of minutes.This may require travelling to venues.
12. For some of these posts you will be expected to manage the administration of consultant caseloads – including making/cancelling/rescheduling appointments, regular caseload maintenance, data cleansing etc.
13. For some of these posts you will be required to Audio Type.
Experience / Qualifications
· Four GCSEs (Grade C or above) including English, or equivalent
· One year’s secretarial or clerical experience
· Two year’s secretarial or clerical experience
· OCR / RSA / GCSE Stage 2 Word-processing / Typing (Parts 1 and 2) or equivalent qualification
· A minimum of six months word-processing experience
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Stacey.email@example.com or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.