MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 3 Estates Maintenance Craftsperson for a full-time, temporary position in the Dundonald area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Internal and external preparation work.
- Estimation and ordering materials etc.
- Internal and external painting using all kinds of paint, varnish and specialist coatings, systems and finishes
- The jobholder must participate in the Labour Management Scheme and have the ability to use a range of computer based systems and developing technologies.
- The jobholder will be expected to have the aptitude to follow written instructions, guidance, drawings and specifications with the minimum of supervision.
- The jobholder will be expected to carry out his/her work in a diligent and timely manner.
- The jobholder will be expected to participate in a range of training and development activities, and pass such knowledge and skills onto others.
- The jobholder will be expected to show an appropriate level of cross-trade flexibility.
- If and when required, the jobholder will be expected to work regular, planned or unplanned overtime or shift working – sometimes at short notice (additional remuneration applies).
- The jobholder will be expected to embrace the concepts of:
- Continuous improvement
- Collaborative team working
- Courteous and effective communication with:
- Members of the public
Experience of working in a building maintenance environment, having demonstrated high versatility and Completion of a recognised and registered construction industry painting and decorating apprenticeship. (Full details of apprenticeship must be given on Application Form)
In addition to his/her apprenticeship, the applicant must hold a relevant qualification at QCF or NQF Level 3 (or higher) together with a minimum of two years post apprenticeship experience (see above for definition of experience)
In addition to his/her apprenticeship, the applicant must hold a relevant qualification at QCF or NQF Level 2 (or higher) together with a minimum of five years post apprenticeship experience (see above for definition of experience).
Previous experience carrying out Internal and external painting of all kinds using various paint, varnish, specialist coatings and finishes.
37.5 hours per week
Full job description can be received upon registration.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.