MPA Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a Band 3 Driver with Caring Duties in the Belfast Area.
Successful candidates will join a bank of staff for when a position becomes available
* Collect and convey clients/patients (including the aged, physically handicapped, epileptics, psychiatric, blind etc.,) to Client Adult/Day Care facilities.
* Carry out daily routine maintenance of their vehicle and minor repairs (including checking fuel oil, water levels and topping up as required, tyre pressures, vehicle cleaning, changing punctured wheels etc.)
* Convey clients to centres, for educational classes, outings, luncheon clubs, etc,
* Operate tail lifts on vehicles where provided, after training.
* Complete any records in relation to the performance/usage of the vehicle per journey e.g. miles travelled, petrol used, oil replaced, patient/clients carried, loading etc. The information required would vary with the type of vehicle and will be subject to change in the light of development. Daily completion and monthly return of vehicle log sheets.
* Secure clients travelling in wheelchairs with the recommended restraint device.
*Any other duties relevant to the post.
* Hold a full current PCV Category D Driving Licence (with no restrictions).
* Have completed training for CPC qualification and hold a current Category D CPC Card.
* Experience in driving vehicles with more than 16 seats.
* Previous experience with wheelchair accessible vehicle with tail lift.
* Training could be provided to address safe operation of equipment in order to meet the needs of the Role
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33.00
To apply please send cv or call MPA Belfast for more information