MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 3 Dietetic Support Worker for a full-time position, in the Belfast area.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Dietetic Support Worker will support the Dietitians in providing a service to patients by undertaking the following:
- Encourage and assist patients to make appropriate menu choices.
- Ensure patients receive the correct diet, snacks and supplements.
- Encourage and assist patients to take the prescribed diet, snacks and supplements.
- Ensure nutritional screening tools, food record charts and weight charts are completed.
- Liaise with catering with regards to patients menu choices.
- Collect information regarding patients’ intake and weight as requested by the Dietitian.
- Liaise with the Dietitian regarding patients’ progress and monitoring.
- Liaise with the nursing staff and other health care professionals as necessary regarding patients’ nutritional needs and progress.
- Use nutritional analysis packages to analyse food records and menus.
- Collect and maintain accurate, legible records of relevant patient information as requested by the dietitian.
- Work within dietetic and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Be able to work on own initiative, whilst recognising own limitations and seeking advice and support when necessary.
- carry out assessments of patients and review treatment programmes independently and in liaison with the Dietitian.
- 1 years paid experience working directly with patients /clients in a health or social care setting and routinely using IT skills.
- 5 GCSE level passes at C/4 or above or equivalent including English language and Mathematics.
- QCF or NVQ Level III Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
2 years paid experience working directly with patients /clients in a health or social Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Home Economics, Grade C or above.
37.5 hours per week
£10.09 to £20.19 per hour
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.