MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 2 Freight Driver for a full time position in the Belfast area.
- Deliver and collect materials including pharmacy, blood and other samples, furniture, laundry, waste, post, continence products, medical records etc.
- Drive any vehicle allocated within the limits of your driving licence, in a careful, lawful manner with special regard for the goods being carried.
- Schedule deliveries to ensure the most efficient use of resources.
- Accurately complete and return all paperwork as required.
- Ensure goods are secure during transit and delivery.
- Ensure the vehicle is kept clean inside and out.
- Carry out other goods delivery work as directed.
- Ensure deliveries are timely and that the focus of your work is on the customer and the delivery of a high quality service.
- Report to a senior officer, untoward incidents, falls, complaints etc and ensure that accurate records are kept of such incidents.
- Complete logbooks and other vehicle documentation as required.
- Carry out daily routine checks and maintenance of your vehicle including fuel, oil, water, tyres etc.
- Report defects in vehicles or any other equipment to the Maintenance Controller using the defect book provided.
- Ensure that all complaints are brought to the attention of the Transport Supervisor and assist in the thorough investigation of such complaints to ensure that appropriate, immediate action is taken.
- Maintain a clean and tidy appearance wearing the uniform and protective clothing provided.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies, reporting any accidents immediately they occur and complete the necessary documentation and assist with the investigation of such accidents.
- Participate in any appropriate training considered necessary.
- Develop one’s self within the job to ensure continuous improvement.
- Carry out any other duties as required.
1. Must be 18 years or over.
2. Must hold a UK drivers’ license with Category C1 with no restrictions.
3. (from September 2014) Must hold a valid Driver Certificate of Professional Competence Qualification Card. 4. Must have at least 6 months experience of carrying out goods deliveries.
1. Hold a UK drivers’ license with Category D1 with no restrictions.
2. Driving knowledge of the Greater Belfast Area. 3. Experience of working as part of a team.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.