MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 2 Clerical Officer/Ward Clerk for a full-time, temporary position in the Dundonald area.
Duties and responsibilities:
Clerical Officers provide administrative/clerical support in a variety of different settings in both the Acute and Community Services. They work as an integral member of a team under the supervision of their immediate line manager.
The postholder will be responsible for a wide range of clerical/administrative tasks to support/assist in the effective and efficient provision of services within their department.Main Responsibilities
The postholder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:-
- Reception duties.
- Use of computer systems to include data input and retrieval of information.
- Maintenance of filing systems.
- Processing mail.
- Processing and collating information.
- Taking and relaying messages/information.
- Dealing with a range of queries.
- Preparation and transportation of medical and other records.
- Making appointments.
- Arranging meetings.
- General office duties such as photocopying and faxing.
- Four GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language (excluding English Literature).
One year’s relevant clerical experience
- Basic computer literacy skills
Previous Experience as a Ward Clerk in a hospital setting
Essential that applicant has previous experience as a ward clerk in a hospital setting.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.