MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 2 Audio Typist for a part time, temporary position in the Dundonald area.
Responsibilities and duties:
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:-
- Typing of inpatient and outpatient letters from audio dictation and arranging follow-up.
- Inputting data to computerised systems.
- Dealing with correspondence and filing as delegated by the Admin Manager/Secretarial Team.
- Organising and performing clerical tasks related to this service.
- Covering for other secretarial staff as required during periods of absence.
- Photocopying and operation of fax machine as required.
- Maintaining a high standard of confidentiality.
- Any other duties of the grade as may be determined by the Admin Manager.
The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure the policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Adhere at all times to all policies/codes of conduct, including for example:
- Smoke Free policy
- IT Security Policy and Code of Conduct
- standards of attendance, appearance and behaviour
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Four GCSE’s Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature)
One year’s relevant clerical experience
- OCR Level II Text processing, or equivalent.
- OCR Level I Audio qualification, or equivalent
- 6 months audio experience in a working environment.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.