MPA Recruitment are working in partnership with their public sector client to recruit a Band 2 Assistant Technical Officer for a part time, temporary position in the Belfast area.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Record keeping, environmental monitoring, computerised data entry (e.g. microbial excursions data) and processing as required within the Radiopharmacy and Cyclotron production units.
- Administrative tasks associated with the Radiopharmacy service and the Cyclotron production facility.
- Stock control within the Radiopharmacy and cyclotron production facility.
- Setup of cold kits and consumables for next days’ dispensing session.
- Labelling and preparation of QC consumables.
- Aseptic transfer of sterile materials into clean rooms.
- Cleaning of aseptic clean rooms using approved protocols.
- Maintaining aseptic validations to enable entry to clean room.
- Monitoring and record keeping of radioactive waste in the decay store of the Radiopharmacy.
- Temperature measurement, logging of sterility samples and other environmental monitoring. Essential criteria:
- Twelve months experience cleaning hospital areas
- 1 year experience in a hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit
Hold an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in accordance with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) accreditation qualifications.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
- Ability to successfully carry out allocated tasks on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team with other grades of staff
- Ability to comprehend simple principles underlying tasks
Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Have experience working with computers and/or word processing skills.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Fiona O’Kane at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 952 111 11 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.