The post holder will have the responsibility of providing effective administrative support to the SW and Care Management Professional Teams.
The role will focus on supporting the professional care staff by assisting with referral processing, patient records management, handling telephone calls and providing general administrative support. Whilst in post, the person will have a sound understanding of the Department, Patient needs, staff and day to day running of the department.
Hours of Work – 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
What the role entails:
The successful candidate will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
· Support the facility in the process of Referrals, organising files, documentation, and labels.
· To support Professional Care Staff with managing patient documentation. To be aware of requirements for patient files and to support staff in the correct handling of patient information.
· Effectively handle incoming telephone calls and respond to a range of email enquiries.
· Collecting and sorting and distributing daily post in line with Confidentiality guidelines.
· Follow up filing to ensure patient documentation is kept within guidelines, arranging overflow files where appropriate.
· Support discharge procedures through effective cross-team communication and by ensuring documentation is correct. Present to Senior Professional Team Leads for sign off.
· Support Care Staff with projects to enhance patient experience.
· Work with Admin Lead to communicate changes in Department and assist in arranging I.T access.
· Support feedback process by sending out surveys and typing correspondence. Supporting with other written documents as required.
· General administrative support to Professional teams, including any reasonable request.
· Work to progress archiving in accordance with GMGR guidelines and work in awareness of new GDPR regulations.
a) 4 GCSE’s Grades A-C to include English Language (or equivalent Qualification) plus 1 year’s administrative /clerical experience.
b) NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 1 year’s administrative experience.
c)2 year’s administrative experience.
· Good communication skills, including Written and Oral.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· The flexibility to work in a changing environment.