Job Role: Audit Manager
The Audit Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of annual audit plans to an assigned portfolio of HSC organisations. The Audit Manager is a key client contact for audit services. The post holder manages an audit team to deliver audit work that complies with professional best practice and that is delivered on time and to budget. Specifically, the Audit Manager is responsible for audit assignment planning; scheduling assignments and allocating assignments to staff; and managing assignments including conducting first file reviews. The Audit Manager personally conducts complex assignments.
Hours of Work -37.5 hours per week. Mon - Fri (9:00am -5:00 pm)
Salary - £12.74 per hour
What the role entails:
Responsible for operational audit management of an Audit Team and delivery of allocated client audit plans within required timescales.
Plans own workload, and that of Audit Team, to ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed. The Audit Manager is expected to manage a number of audit assignments concurrently and to ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources.
The Audit Manager is responsible for drafting detailed assignment audit plans, in line with the annual audit plan and for obtaining the approval of client Management and the Assistant Head of Internal Audit on the content of the plan ahead of the commencement of the assignment.
Responsible for ensuring the draft audit reports to client senior management, Directors and Audit Committees are adequate and consistent with the assignment plan and audit outcome. The Audit Manager ensures they are of high quality incorporating an audit opinion and practicable recommendations to address risk issues and control weaknesses, ahead of the second review by the Assistant Head of Internal Audit.
Responsible for finalising audit reports with clients in a timely manner, ensuring that Management Comments are adequate and appropriate.
Acts as the Lead Auditor, to perform complex risk-based audit assignments and consultancy assignments as directed by the Assistant Head of Internal Audit.
Inputs to the annual audit planning process including the clients Strategic and Operational Internal Audit Plans within a structured framework as determined by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Candidates must have a CCAB recognised full professional accountancy qualification.
- Be a fully qualified member of CIMA
- Be a qualified Chartered Internal Auditor with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Have worked for at least 2 years in an audit/finance supervisory role. Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least five years.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Candidates must have good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
- Candidates must demonstrate supervisory experience.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Jamie.Winchester@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.