Finance & Accounting
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Associate Manager of Fund Operations to join their team. You will support our clients Real Estate Fund Operations team in the financial and non-financial reporting of real estate investments acquired within our clients Real Estate’s Global portfolios. The main responsibilities will be to review these deliverables and assist in the day to day operations of the funds.
- Reviewing deliverables and managing deadlines of the third-party fund administrator
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of:
- quarterly and annual financial statements;
- quarterly, annual and multi-year performance returns
- quarterly data submission to various industry organisations and consultants;
- property waterfall calculations (equity recs);
- client deliverables (client/consultant questionnaires and ahoc request);
- portfolio analytics deliverables (leasing and other real estate metrics);
- investor level reporting (client traces, exhibits, unit value calculations)
- Oversight of treasury activities:
- the timely execution of fund wires
- bank account openings
- cash monitoring and liquidity tracking
- Supporting the Asset Managers in on-going operational matters;
- Review of management fee calculations
- Review of Fund Level Returns
- Invoice management
- Address Internal and external audit requests
- Supporting data initiatives that help to improve data integrity
- Managing the workload of other accounting associates.
- Provide effective staff coaching, identify opportunities for staff development, and provide ongoing performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 3 years + experience in financial accounting including financial statement preparation and review; experience in the real estate investment management industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as it relates to fair market value of real estate and fund accounting.
- Understanding of data validation and flow as it relates to accounting/operations deliverables and their down streams effect on other reporting systems/teams.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple processes within tight deadlines while responding to various requests from multiple parties
- Highly motivated with an innovative mindset and an ability to successfully lead and engage a team.
- Working knowledge of joint venture waterfalls and income calculations
- Experience calculating or reviewing asset management or incentive fee calculations
- Knowledge of and experience with REIT structures and taxation a plus
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.