Job Role: Assistant Manager - Case Management Team
We are pleased to be recruiting an Assistant Manager for the Case management team for a returning client for a new service that cares and provides a service supporting homeless people and vulnerably housed to make the transition from homelessness to home.
You will need be an individual with strong leadership skills who is motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering and supporting homeless people. You will be able to provide a high-quality support service and work within our ethos of high tolerance, low threshold services. In return, we will provide the opportunity to develop your skills, professional supervision and support, along with being part of a team where your views count and where you can change lives.
Working hours and rate of Pay:
37.5 working hours per week - you will also be entitled to a daily 30minute unpaid lunch break. Hours will normally be between 8am and 6pm although some weekend and evening work may be required in line with operational requirements.
*All senior staff cover the on-call rota usually 1 week in 5/6 for which you will receive an extra payment allowance
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Benefits: 24 days per annum plus Public Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
As part of the team, you will have responsibility for leading the Case Management Team providing immediate and ongoing support to clients who are homeless and vulnerably housed, enabling them to make the transition from homelessness to home.
What the role entails:
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills by creating an environment which fosters teamwork, good morale and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Uphold and develop a low threshold, high tolerance ethos, promote the principles of harm reduction and maintain a person-centred and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Promote service delivery which incorporates multidisciplinary and multi-agency working, including being an active member of relevant forums and working groups.
- Promote the services of the Organisation, cooperate with the fundraising team and take part in media campaigns to raise the organisation’s profile and our clients’ voices.
- Motivate, mentor and coach the case management team. Encourage staff empowerment and development through team meetings, supervisions, appraisals and training.
- Encourage good teamwork, recognise the team’s strengths and weakness, be aware of team dynamics, ensure workloads are delegated and shared fairly and that achievement is recognised and/or rewarded.
- Develop systems and procedures which enable the Case Management Service to operate as an effective holistic assessment and support hub both on and off site.
- Promote the service to external agencies as well as potential clients, ensure referrals are appropriate and capacity monitored.
- Monitor staff performance to ensure the overall quality of the Case Management Service is compliant with the highest level of audit at any given time.
- Work towards set targets and other key performance indicators and take responsibility for ensuring returns are completed and forwarded to senior management and funding bodies. Where targets are not being met; put plans in place to keep delivery on track.
- Help create an environment of respect for service users, other employees, partner agencies and stakeholders.
- Take part in identified research and represent organisation at meetings, seminars and conferences as required.
- 2 years’ experience of delivering support to marginalised groups
- 2 years’ experience of managing teams
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating services
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- NVQ level 4 qualification in a relevant area of work or an equivalent qualification
- Completed Law Centre (WRAP), NIACAB (ATP), Adviser NI or other relevant equivalent
- Social work degree
- Law degree
- Excellent knowledge of female homelessness and how this can be addressed
- All round knowledge of the benefits, housing, criminal justice, social care and health services in relation to the rights and responsibilities of our client group
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.