Job Role: Assistant Manager (Maternity Cover 1 year)
We are pleased to be recruiting an Assistant Manager for a returning client for their drop-in centre that cares and provides a service supporting the homeless people in Belfast City Centre.
As part of the management team, you will lead a team of Support Workers, a Coordinator and be responsible for the day to day running of both our Drop In and homeless shelters support teams. The Drop In team aims to ensure a safe, welcoming and social environment for the smooth running of support services and training or activities. The homeless shelter team aims to support females to reside in a safe and welcoming ‘female friendly’ environment where support is holistic, immediate and ongoing.
Working hours and rate of Pay:
37.5 working hours per week - you will also be entitled to a daily 30minute unpaid lunch break. Hours will normally be between 8am and 6pm although some weekend and evening work may be required in line with operational requirements.
*All senior staff cover the on-call rota usually 1 week in 5/6 for which you will receive an extra payment allowance
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
Benefits: 24 days per annum plus Public Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
What the role entails:
- Demonstrate sound leadership skills by creating an environment which fosters teamwork, good morale and a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Uphold and develop a low threshold, high tolerance ethos, promote the principles of harm reduction and maintain a person-centred and empowering approach to service delivery.
- Motivate, mentor and coach the Drop In and homeless shelters support staff. Encourage staff empowerment and development through team meetings, supervisions, appraisals and training.
- Encourage good teamwork, recognise the team’s strengths and weaknesses, be aware of team dynamics, ensure workloads are delegated and shared fairly and that achievement is recognised and/or rewarded.
- Build ongoing meaningful relationships with the Coordinator ensuring you are aware of issues in relation to each service (e.g. Incidents, staffing, gaps in service etc.) so that you are able to advise on or, if appropriate, take the lead.
- Develop services which are strongly influenced by user involvement.
- Be prepared to step into the role of Coordinator when cover is needed.
- 2 years’ experience of delivering support to marginalised groups
- 2 years’ experience of managing teams
- Experience of developing and co-ordinating services
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- NVQ level 4 qualification in a relevant area of work or an equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge of female homelessness and how this can be addressed
- All round knowledge of activities, training and services that will enhance homeless people’s ability to sustain accommodation and integrate within the wider community.
Closing date is 29th November 2021 at 12pm
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.