Job Role: Assertive Outreach Worker
We are pleased to be recruiting an Assertive Outreach Worker for a returning client for their team that cares and provides a service supporting the homeless people in Belfast City Centre.
We are looking for individuals who are committed, enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our energetic team. You will have experience of working with marginalised people with a range of support needs and risks, and have a strong understanding of Street Outreach work.
In return, we will provide the opportunity to develop your skills, professional supervision and support, and the opportunity to be part of a team where your views count and you can make a lasting difference to the lives of homeless people.
Working hours and rate of Pay:
37.5 hours per week between 7am and 2am on a shift basis Monday to Friday
Salary: £21,450 per annum (pro rata)
Benefits: 20 days per annum plus Public/Bank Holidays (or pro rota) and Pension Scheme
What the role entails:
- Identify and engage with people who are potentially sleeping rough in order to verify them as Rough Sleepers
- Develop effective relationships with Rough Sleepers both new and entrenched making particular efforts to break down barriers with those who are reluctant to access support and accommodation
- Provide targeted, intensive and personalised outreach support which results in people being able to move on from rough sleeping
- Work within the ‘No Second Night Out’ initative to ensure Rough Sleepers do not have to spend a second night on the street
- Identify potential accommodation providers and housing pathways for Rough Sleepers
- Ensure all Rough Sleepers have made a homeless application, points are maximised and areas of choice are realistic
- Be aware of, liaise with and refer to temporary hostels including Crash facilities on a daily basis
- Keep abreast of relevant developments in the sector including training and other opportunities relevant to the post
- Ensure all vulnerable adults and children at risk are safeguarded appropriately
- Actively participate in supervision, appraisals and team meetings
- Encourage clients to represent themselves, advocating where appropriate
- 6 months experience of working with homeless people or rough sleepers with complex needs
- 6 months experience working within the fields of addiction or mental health or criminal justice system or a similar environment
- Relevant experience that would be transferable to the post
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Able to take the lead and work in partnership with other agencies
- Able to work shift hours as required including early mornings, evening and weekends.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check is required for this post
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working
- 2 years driving experience with current clean licence and ability to safely drive a Transporter
Closing date is 18th Jan 2022 at 12pm
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.Mcalinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.