IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Application Security Test Engineer, who is fluent in Japanese, This role is to provide security services and support for our client’s Japanese business. You will communicate directly with our client’s colleagues in Japan and conduct teleconferences at various stages throughout the process. Fluency in written and spoken Japanese is essential and all candidates will have to complete a proficiency test as part of the interview process to demonstrate knowledge and experience. It is essential that you understand application security or Web, or Mobile Application development and the associated technologies required.
Training will be provided, as required, to develop DevSecOps knowledge and application security skills
The following personal attributes are essential:
- Fluency in written and spoken Japanese
- Ability to act as an interpreter between Japanese and English
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience in an IT based role, performing technical and analytical functions daily.
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a team.
- A motivated and flexible approach to work in an adapting fast moving environment.
- Can demonstrate strong performance ethos and personal commitment for outstanding customer service.
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical application owners to discuss their vulnerabilities.
- Previous experience in working with a Japanese company is desirable.
- Flexibility to respond to requirements common in the Japanese business practice.
- Willingness to learn and acquire DevSecOps skills, especially in application security testing practices.
The following technical skills attributes are desired:
- A proven interest in DevSecOps / Application Security and an aptitude for security testing
- Basic understanding of application security issues such as Cross Site Scripting, SQL Injection, Authentication, Session Management, etc. (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts & tools:
- Source Control tools such as SVN and Bitbucket
- Build Tools such as Maven, Gradle and Ant
- CI Tools such as Jenkins, or similar technology
- Basic understanding of tools and technologies used for Web or Mobile Application development.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Third Level or Post graduate qualification in an Information Technology related course
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence