IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Application Security Engineer (DAST) to join their team. You will be part of a team on engineers tasked with Ethical Hacking, security vulnerability assessments and reviews. In this role, you will provide Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Remediation and support services.
As a security engineer, you will act as an internal consultant, embedding security into the day to day activities of our client’s development and DevOps teams. Other responsibilities will include:
- Driving secure application development practices and a secure development mentality.
- Application vulnerability assessments (DAST) focused on web applications & web services.
- Identifying, communicating, and providing targeted remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Developing and updating security patterns aligned with security requirements.
- Identifying application security requirements for projects.
- Coordinating and collaborating with multiple teams to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Prudential assets that meets business needs.
- Performing other security-related projects that may be assigned according to skills.
- DevSecOps, integrating DAST into CI/CD pipelines.
You will need to have a proven record of designing and implementing training programs for application security testing. This role is suited to someone who has great time management, alongside great organisational skills. You need to have acquired a degree/MSc. Level in Digital Forensics, Information Security, or an IT related discipline. You should hold relevant industrial security certificates, or a willingness to acquire them. You will need at least 5 years’ experience in a Dynamic Application Security Testing environment, with a significant focus on DevSecOps. Experience in financial services and development experience would be an advantage. Other skills required are:
- A motivated, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work in an adapting fast moving environment.
- Can demonstrate strong performance ethos and deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical application owners to discuss their vulnerabilities.
- Provide guidance to all parties for remediation of identified application vulnerabilities.
- Proven record of dealing with both staff and project related issues
- Must be a key player within the team enhancing the skillset of all team members, providing mentoring as required
This role boasts a competitive salary, alongside a very attractive benefits package. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence