IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading Energy Provider in Belfast to source an Applications Architect to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company who are dedicated in changing the energy industry.
This role is suited to someone who is forward thinking, and able to work independently. Someone who is excited with leading others, and an active learner. You will report to the Strategy and Architecture Manager. You will be responsible for leading the design of new applications as incremental changes to existing applications, this scope of which will cover user interfaces, middleware, applications, data and infrastructure. Providing technical leadership to applications development team, collaborating on design and conducting solution reviews.
You will also be responsible for supporting our client’s technology and information architectural strategy and direction. This will involve taking ownership of current application architectures and developing blueprints which will support the continued growth of our client’s business. This role is highly collaborative, and some of your time will be spent alongside business stakeholders, understanding their needs.
- Define enterprise application architectures for use by technical teams
- Conduct meetings with business owners and transform requirements into effective and strategically aligned solutions which are clearly and concisely communicated
- Drive standardisation and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of applications in a strategic manner
- Own and drive actions stemming from audits and reviews
- Develop reference architectures, policies and standards and present to ARB for ratification
- Conduct high level design and specification documentation for application and database solution designs, overseeing these designs through low level development and implementation
- Independently perform complex application development/programming analysis
- Ensure application design and development policies are adhered to agreed standards. Where standards do not exist, to take ownership and propose standards for review and ratification through ARB
- Host lunch ‘n’ learns with the business community on technical and non-technical topics
- Assist in the development of standards and principles
- Participation in application roadmap development
- Providing support to our partner ecosystem of designers, domain architects, technical analysts/specialists on all aspects of solution architecture
- Developing an exposure to IT Operations of the production and implementation of Digital Strategies covering multiple digital technologies
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, and scalability of our client’s applications
- Proactively use of continuous improvement techniques to better overall process and performance
- Providing support and development to business process areas
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in working as part of multidiscipline teams through significant application architecture projects including direct hands on experience in enterprise-level architecture and design
- Extensive experience of leading high and low level solution designs at conceptual, logical and physical levels for .NET / C# applications built to support customer orientated solutions
- Experience of cloud technologies, solutions and future cloud strategies
- Experience of the application of DevOps pipelines to support continuous integration & continuous delivery
- Technically competent in application design techniques and patterns and the application of reference architectures
- Experience of developing workable application roadmaps
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new skills/tasks quickly with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm
- Experience with middleware technologies, especially Azure API Manager and Azure Data Factory
- Experience of delivering projects to or supporting systems for the Retail energy and utility sector.
Please ensure you explain on your CV how you meet the above criteria, as we will not shortlist anyone that does not show how they meet the above standards.
This role boasts incredible benefits, alongside a highly competitive salary. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence