MPA are currently recruiting for a Band 6 Adult Autism Spectrum Disorder Practitioner to join our experienced team in the Ballymoney area. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate. The pay rate is £16.04 per hour. The ASD Practitioner will be required to contribute to multidisciplinary diagnostic assessments of adults with ASD.
· To formally assess and contribute to the multidisciplinary assessment of adults with ASD.
· To support adults with a diagnosis of ASD, including those with complex needs and their families as appropriate following diagnosis, on-going assessment, intervention and review.
· To work in collaboration with adults and their families and appropriate statutory services including further and higher educational services, DHSS, housing and contribute to the development of a goal-orientated care/support plan based on the individual needs of the adults.
· To liaise with appropriate voluntary organisations who specialise in ASD.
· To undertake appropriate planned intervention directly with adults and their families.
· To communicate in a highly skilled and sensitive manner, information concerning the assessment outcomes and treatment plans of clients of the service. This will include written reports to other professionals as required.
· To ensure the needs of carers are addressed and family support is provided as and when required throughout the care pathway.
· 2 years post qualifying experience working in a Social Work, Nursing or Allied Health Profession.
· Hold a professional qualification in Social Work, Nursing or Allied Health Profession
· By date of appointment must be listed on the appropriate Professional Register.
· Have completed or be willing to complete formal recognised ASD diagnostic training.
· Current full driving licence and have access to a car.
· £16.04 per hour
· Weekly pay
· Holiday allowance
· Working hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
· Temporary contract ongoing until March 2022 with the possibility of extension
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sarah Wall on +44 (0)28 7035 7035 or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.