Administrative and Facilities Officer (Permanent)
MPA are delighted to be recruiting for our client in Belfast for a full time Permanent Administrative and Facilities Officer.
We are looking for a confident individual who is organised, solution focused and articulate who can work on their own as well as part of a team.
You will have experience of performing administrative duties and be proficient in maintaining general office systems and undertaking detailed reporting tasks using software applications for spreadsheets, databases and word processing applications. Note that a high level of proficiency in the use of IT packages is central to this role.
You will be required to manage all utilities contracts ensuring good value for money and successful completion. Oversee the Organisation’s buildings and property ensuring that all repairs are reported, carried out and completed
The Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm with a salary of £19,000.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Answering incoming calls, including taking and relaying of messages to other staff
- Handling requests and queries directed to the general information email inbox appropriately
- Devise and maintain office filing system for facilities-related paperwork
- Have responsibility for ordering and control of office supplies
- Maintain and update required spreadsheets in relation to stock and repairs
- Take the lead on upstairs office management (i.e. stationary stock control, photocopier stocked etc)
- Overseeing and negotiating contracts for services including security, cleaning, supplies and technology to ensure that contracts provide the best value for money and that contracts for necessary services do not expire without another in place
- Oversee the Organisation’s buildings and property ensuring that all repairs are reported, carried out and completed by the relevant contractor
- Responsibility for ordering and control of all food, cleaning and other supplies, whilst managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Operate at all times within our robust Financial Policies and Procedures
- Maintain records of spend and have the ability to collate reports
- Completing simple financial tasks such as receiving donations and distribution of petty cash
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum of GCSE level C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Computer qualification or evidence of a high level of proficiency in MS Office packages (to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years recent work experience in a busy administration environment
- Knowledge of office information systems and procedures
- Understanding of issues relating to equality and diversity, confidentiality and vulnerable adults
- Understanding of GDPR and the importance of client confidentiality
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.