Job Role: Administration Officer (Managing Contracts)
We are recruiting for an Administration Officer to join the MPA team for our public service client. The successful candidates will be responsible for managing the Business Support Services Function to ensure the provision of an efficient and effective service.
Location – Lisburn
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Salary - £13.22ph
Contract – On Going
What the role entails:
· Responsible for the provision, management, monitoring and development of an efficient and effective contract system.
· Responsible for the provision, management and development of an efficient and effective travel service ensuring the Board’s Standing Orders and Travel Policy are consistently applied.
· Responsible for the management of enforcement notices (parking/bus lanes/speeding.
· Responsible for the completion and custody of all inventory records.
· Responsible for the provision of Telephonist/Receptionist and other Business Support services.
· Responsible for the provision of an effective external mail system fully implementing requirements and an internal mail system servicing all locations/departments.
· Responsible for the provision, management, development and monitoring of an efficient and effective contract system for all Business Support Services Contracts.
· Responsible for developing contacts and working relationships with hotel groups and negotiating accommodation rates and payment methods with same.
· Responsible for providing personnel with up-to-date information in respect of routes and services.
· Interpretation of Boards Travel Policy in respect of all requests for travel and obtaining written explanation for those in contravention of same.
· Sourcing new suppliers, setting up contracts and negotiating products discounts in respect of purchases from TPG budgets.
· Responsible for compiling and maintenance of department job manuals.
· Dealing with audit queries from the Internal/External Auditor and Controller Audit General
· Extraction of relevant information for Senior Officers.
· Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English Language.
· Have at least 1 years’ experience in a secretarial/business support/office management role carrying out a range of business support activities including diary management, preparation of correspondence, reports and minutes.
· Experience of managing and leading a team.
· Demonstrable experience of using Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
o excellent planning and organisational skills.
o ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines.
o delivery of high quality work with excellent attention to detail.
o a strong customer orientation.
If you think you meet the criteria, please submit your CV to Michael.McAlinden@mparecruitment.co.uk or call our office on 02895211111 for more information and how to register for this role.