IT & Digital
MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading technology company in the North West to source an Actuarial Associate to join their team. Your role will be to ensure that our client has a comprehensive framework for understanding the risks embedded in and across its businesses, so that the company can manage these risks effectively, evaluate current and future risk challenges and opportunities, and enhance shareholder value.
This position will be part of the Model Risk Management team, primarily responsible for independent model reviews and testing of models. The incumbent will support model review work including the following activities:
- Research relevant regulatory frameworks, underlying products, assumptions and methodologies
- Review model documentation, evaluate risks and propose review strategies
- Build independent challenger models and other analytical tools as needed
- Perform model output analytics
- Create a comprehensive model review report
- Be exposed to multiple lines of business and model types: pricing, financial reporting, capital, forecasting and others
- Work closely with others, both inside and outside the team
- This position may also help with the monitoring of model control standards, model risk assessments, and model issue remediation in partnership with the Model Risk Control Office.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Business, Science-based, or another analytical field
- Successfully passed one or more actuarial exams
- Experience working in an actuarial position is a plus
- Experience in model development, implementation and/or validation a plus
- Knowledge of insurance or retirement products is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of software packages used in business communication such as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of relevant software packages, such as ALFA, Prophet, MATLAB, VBA, SAS, R software is a plus
- Working knowledge of programming languages, such as C, C++, JAVA is desired
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Andrew McSparran, Executive Search Consultant at MPA Recruitment on +44 (0)28 7136 0070 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
To help MPA Recruitment find you the perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information. This means your details will be entered into MPA Recruitment’s database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities. By applying, you're confirming you're happy for us to do that.