AT LM 1012
Finance & Accounting
£20,000 to £25,000 Per Annum
MPA Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced qualified Accounting Technician / part-qualified Accountant for our client, a successful and established business based in Derry city.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Financial Controller in meeting his/her responsibilities in terms of satisfying the Group’s internal and external requirements for management and financial information.
- To assist in ensuring that outputs are delivered as efficiently and effectively as possible (including driving the “paperless” agenda).
- Ensure that the Group’s financial and reporting systems are accurately maintained, and that information is reported on a timely basis.
- Work closely with management to ensure provision of information necessary to efficiently operate the business and positively contribute to the operation of all business units in order to ensure profit maximisation.
Key Accounting Tasks (may include but not limited to):
- Computerised accounting system – data entry.
- Reconciliations – perform cash book, control account, etc reconciliations.
- Import and post sales, purchase and cash book transactions.
- Assist with streamlining of processes to improve the timeliness of financial information.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed within the timescale necessary to and with the accuracy required to allow The Group’s MI to be produced accurately and on time.
- All other duties required to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Accounting function
- Perform periodic internal outlet audit tasks e.g. income audit.
- Ensure end of day processes are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure all income/cash book receipts are recorded accurately.
Control and reconcile Petty Cash and Float balances.
- Check, batch and enter purchase invoice and credit note batches.
- Check deliveries and match purchase invoices with PO and delivery note information.
- Ensure “internal” sales are accurately recorded and controlled.
- Assist relevant department manager in performing credit control activities.
- Ensure invoices are paid as soon as possible and bad debt is minimised.
- Ensure that sales, guest and gift voucher ledgers are correctly maintained.
- Assist with internal stock taking.
- Ensure all information is accurately entered into EPOS/stock system.
- Ensure all selling and cost price information is accurate.
- Ensure all wastage information is accurately collated and entered.
- Check and, where necessary compile daily KPI reports.
- Provide other ad hoc reports to management.
- High level of ICT literacy to include computerised accounting systems, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Sage 200 experience an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of commercial accounting and book keeping practices utilising ICT where possible.
- Superior accounting and book keeping skills.
- Experience in the preparation of management information (VAT and other statutory returns desirable).
For further information please contact Leanne on 028 71360070 or to apply forward your CV to [email protected]